A specialist in automatic transmission rebuilding and remanufacturing!read more
Jackson Powertrain provides automatic transmission maintenance and evaluation services, as well as supply of automatic transmission parts.read more
Article By Cherly Tay
Singapore’s only female motoring journalist and motorsports blogger Member of the Women Motor & Sport Commission in Singapore.
Symptoms of Transmission Failure
There are several symptoms of a damaged or worn out transmission.
The following are some of the symptoms to look out for:
- Transmission slipping between gears while driving or popping back to neutral
- Unusual grinding/clunking/humming noises – especially when in neutral
- Smell of Burned Fluid
- Clutch is dragging – Clutch stays engaged and cuased grinding noises when trying to shift gears
- Grinding or thumping when gear changes instead of smooth gear change
- Lag/delay between gear changes and/or higher than normal RPMs for a given speed or gear change.